Did one of these workshops recently and I’d really recommend it.
Level One (Essential skills) helps with:
- understanding yourself, believing in yourself and respecting others
- trust, working together and building good relationships
- communicating well, including listening to others and speaking up for yourself
- knowing the things that matter most to you
- handling conflict, solving problems and managing strong feelings like anger
“AVP began in 1975 in a New York prison. Inmates were concerned about the rising levels of violence and so worked with experienced group facilitators to create sessions for young men to handle conflict better and without violence. The programme worked so well that it quickly spread to many other prisons and then into wider society.
Since then, AVP has spread to over 50 countries and is being used in schools, refugee camps, prisons and young offenders institutions, and in communities worldwide.”
For more, visit the website